Friday, May 05, 2006

Hat!

OK, so I ordered all this yarn, Reynold’s Saucy if you must know. I am planning some summer tops for the girls, but that is for another post.

One looked so pretty online, but it turned out to be a cammo-green. I was complaining to the husband about it last night, since the girls both groaned when they saw it. Then, it happened.

“That would make a good hat. I like the color”

Can you believe it???

For years I have been under strict orders to not get any ideas and knit for him. He is super picky about clothes (the slouchier the better) and we agreed a long time ago it was best for our relationship if the yarn was my thing. We figured I would be crushed if he didn’t like it, and he would be uncomfortable wearing something out of obligation.

But now he wants a hat. This is big. It’s the crack in his armor that I have been waiting for.

(The picture is little-sis in the old hat)

Next, I’ll tempt him with socks, and before you know it he’s wearing a sweater. I just know it.

And yes, this is a lot of responsibility for one hat.

It’ll have to be ribbed, and boring, but he wants me to knit something for him. He actually wears caps year round. I know, we live in Florida, and it’s wacky to want headgear in the summer…it serves a higher purpose.

So, little sis and I drove an hour to the knitting store to get the right sized needles. She was so good about all the time in the car seat that I took her for a cookie at Barnes and Noble afterward.

I’ll let you know how it turns out.


This is all the Saucy I ordered...and a self portrait of big-sis.


1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow, you're right, that is a big step! I don't think I've ever been with anyone who didn't want me to make them anything! This looks like the first step to converting him!