Thursday, October 27, 2005

Tag, I'm it!

I was tagged by Candsmom at Bits of Knits

So here goes, twenty exciting things about me:

  1. This is the fifteenth building I have lived in. Eighteenth if you count dorms. Dad was in the Army.
  2. I hate to initiate change.
  3. I hate things to stay the same too long. I get bored.
  4. I went to William and Mary…always been a nerd.
  5. I had to drop out my sophomore year to take care of my mother while she was dying of uterine cancer.
  6. I returned and have a degree in mathematics.
  7. I taught computer science for almost ten years in a public high school. I actually like teenagers.
  8. I am 5 ft, 1 ¼ inches tall.
  9. I have broken up a lot of fistfights, but only boys. Any teacher knows you never touch a girl fight. Never.
  10. I know six programming languages.
  11. I was in labor for twenty four hours with girl #1, three with girl #2.
  12. We just moved to Florida. I stay home with the girls now.
  13. I am 32.
  14. My parents waited to have kids until the Vietnam war was winding down. This and the fact that my dad was promoted fast meant my brother sister and I were always ten years younger than any of the other kids in our neighborhoods. We are still very close.
  15. My husband and I went to high school together, but didn't start dating until three weeks after I graduated.
  16. I hate mint. Just the smell is enough to make me vomit. While teaching I was walking a kid to the nurse one day and he projectile vomited on me head to toe. I hate mint worse than that.
  17. I have only three regrets about anything in my entire life.
  18. I get uncomfortable being the center of attention and am running out of things to say. Can I really be summed up in only 18 things??
  19. Oh, yeah. I only microwave by prime numbers. Otherwise I have to start mentally finding the factors of the number.
  20. I do not have OCD, I swear. I try to laugh at everything.
  21. And one extra...I am a yarn snob. Natural fibers only, please.
Hmmm....who to pass this on to?

Here goes:
So...all of you innermost secrets, summed up in 20 lines.


4 comments:

cmeknit said...

Hmmm...interesting meme! So sad about your mom, my sister is losing her battle to colon cancer.
Oh labour...24 hours...oh man. I was 6 with the first and 3 with the second.
Carolyn

chris said...

I'm so sorry about your mom. It must have been so hard to lose her at such a young age.

I'm glad you got a labor reprieve with Girl #2- you certainly deserve it after 24 hours of labor with #1! Bossy had me in labor for 19 and Stinky was touch and go for 12.

No mint?! What's Thai and Vietnamese food without the mint? :-) Great list! Thanks for playing along!!

Anonymous said...

What part of FL? We moved to Coral Springs in January and left for Utah in July. We needed 4 seasons! Have only been able to contact my parents in Boca once since Wilma. Sounds like you weren't hit, or you couldn't blog:)

Brittannicka said...

Hi! My name is Britta, I'm originally from Florida and my mother is a teacher. I'm currently in graduate school for library science and was curious about who else in the world might share my dream job so I googled "first librarian in space." There are still only 9 google results so it looks like your child and I are in a race, haha! I bet she will be in better health and fitness by the time the first space library opens its pod bay doors. Best of luck to her!