Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Treats! Pictures!

I work on a strict treat system. For example, I try not to overeat, knowing that I allow myself one treat per day. It is much easier not to overindulge when you know there is something really yummy coming.

Well, I am going to do the same with the corporate taxes. They are taking HOURS, and I am pretty organized, math nerd that I am. So, I have decided as soon as they are filed I am treating myself to some Koigu. I have been wanting to try this for SOOOO long, and it might as well be a reward for something. Plus, my parents are visiting in late February. The husband and I are going for a weekend away. If I can get the taxes done and yarn ordered by then, I’ll have something great to knit on the trip!

Now, some photos (finally!)

The Webs yarn arrived today. Yes, I know it came with a friend, but I couldn't let it be lonely, and it is such a pretty pink.

Hopefully I can finish that cardigan soon. The color is not exact, but since it is just for seaming, the button band and collar I doubt it will show. I’ll have to play with the collar a bit. I know what I want it to look like, but it is going to take some doing. I am planning on having it in the same cable as the border:

I am doodling up a sketch for a new kids sweater. Some cables, top down raglan, cabled yoke…

I am thinking cotton, so it’s washable. I’d like a light color, but I also have that pink from Webs, so I might swatch in that.


Here’s a close up of the one piece purse from above:

Another shot. The handles are bamboo bracelets from target.

I am so loving this purse. It has been everywhere in the greater Daytona area in the last week. It gets lots of compliments. Plus it holds a ton:

I am still working on the pattern. It is remarkably simple, plus it is done in one piece, so there is no seaming. The only hassle is sewing in the lining, but that took less than 15 minutes to do. If the husband gets home before dark I;ll try to get an action shot. I tried to get Girl#2 to help, but at two years old she was monre interested in all the buttons I had just handed her.

Oh, and the elephants:

Not quite done, but getting there.




3 comments:

chris said...

Your purse looks incredible! Such a rich colorway and great size, too. Those elephant appendages are so adorable!! ;-) It's going to be such a cute dress. Take care! :-)

Acornbud said...

I love the colors you picked for the elephants.

Stacie said...

I am all about the reward system! Time without kids with hubby and yarn! WOW, I'm jealous! I love the elephants! How long have you been knitting? I'm a newbie, and I am loving all the inspiration I see in blogs. Cool beans!