Friday, March 17, 2006

I should have photos of all the yarn we dyed. Or all the knitting. Frankly though I have been so busy sewing for the girls that I haven't been able to look for the camera. I am making them summer shorts, since it suddenly has hit 80 degrees here.

On Monday after dinner we went to the store, and bought 41 packs of blue Kool Aid. I got a lot of strange looks, and was really tempted to tell everyone that yes, indeed, this was all I was feeding my children for dinner.

So I spent the evening overdying all 10 balls of tan Palette yarn from Knit Picks that I bought last fall. I did shades of blue, blue-green, and blue-purple. Since then I have been frantically knitting away on a top down sweater on size 3 needles.

I know, I said no more small needles, but I already had the Palette yarn, and it was too loose on anything bigger.

So tomorrow is supposed to be sunny again, so I'll snap some photos.

Oh, and a reminder of how weird this place is, the girls and I were driving through the parking lot of JoAnn's today, and I had to swerve to avoid hitting an old man in one of those "senior mobility" scooters...not too unusual around here.

Except for his green mohawk.

And he was totally nude.

I am really not sure what he could possibly need at JoAnn's...unless he was going to knit a jock strap.

And on that visual...Have a great weekend!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah whoa...that must have been crayyyzee!

I can't wait to see the results from your dyeing escapades! I'm so glad I gave you a tiny bit of inspiration! :D

Acornbud said...

heh...after that story, you are forgiven for no pictures (wink) I can't wait to see how the blue turned out.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous -- I've looked in about 5 stores near me and can't find ANY blue kool aid!!!

Can't wait to see the end result...

Erin said...

Wow, old nude man on a mobility scooter with a mohawk... I don't think anything else could ever surprise you now!

Stacie said...

A knit jock strap, hmmm... sounds sporty!

PuNk rAwK pUrL said...

this reminded me of a sight that I witnessed several years ago. While driving through SF late one evening, a homeless man was bare naked, pushing a shopping cart, wearing a pair of pants on his head, singing "I enjoy being a girl". ahhh good times!