Monday, March 13, 2006

It’s a deal and Personal Knitting Histories

As I have mentioned, I work on a treat system.

The problem right now is I gave up sweets for Lent, and that doesn’t leave me much in the way of treats. My house is a wreck. I mean there are sections of floor in the kitchen that are dangerous…fly paper dangerous. I keep worrying I am going to find the little-sis stuck in there.

But frankly, I need an incentive to mop.

Then I saw this over at Mayflower’s blog.

Isn’t it pretty?

I know, I know, why am I not a Food Lion buying more Kool Aid?

Because first I mop, then I dye. I am so excited about this that I am even willing to risk Bike week traffic to get some. All that Cream Palette from KP I bought back in the fall…I haven’t used it yet because the color isn’t just right.

But a blue and purple open work sweater…I need that!

Here are the folks that have added their knitting histories, really great stuff

Punk Rawk Purl posted a great story…can you believe it is almost her one year knit-iversary? I love the idea of a personal yarn – museum, saving special bits of yarn. She even still has her first project…a great scarf.


Also Stacie at Mommy Mosh Pit has her story up also. I love that she learned from a rock start dude. I can’t help but wondering if there is a corollary “Girlfriend Sweater” curse. Also, is anyone else sensing the Cascade trend here?


To add your personal fiber-history, just e-mail me and I’ll add a link!






3 comments:

Erin said...

I had a blast when I dyed yarn. Though you might want to mop after you dye, it can be a little messy!

Stacie said...

never mop, that's my motto. (ew!)

Anonymous said...

The treat system usually works well for me, too. Once I wanted to buy all of Third Day's CDs and I had lots of laundry piling up. For each load of laundry that I did and actually put away, I would "pay" myself $1 toward the CDs. That worked very, very well and we had lots of clean clothes to wear. Enjoy the dyeing - it's lots of fun! I can't wait to see a picture of your yarn.