Friday, December 09, 2005

No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher’s dirty…

Wait! That’s me!!

In case I forgot to mention it, I tutor math in the evenings. Last night was my last one for three weeks!! Could I be happier? Only if I got to spend all that time knitting. Poor kids have exams next week, so I’ve been swamped.

Plus, husband’s business is taking off, so the books have needed tending. That’s my job.

Busy, busy, busy.

So I am taking some time off and spending this afternoon knitting away on Dad’s vest. It could be done by Sunday, but I will not jinx it by setting a deadline. Knitting does not like deadlines.

And for the random kid story of the day…I asked girl #2 what she wanted from Santa…

“Hmmmm…all kinds if things, a dollhouse that’s just mine. And a car. A real one to drive, and a purse with money. Wait, not a dollhouse, a real house with a dog and a cat, but no sister.”

She asked that her real house be close by so I could still come and kiss boo-boos. I asked her where she would go in a car, and she said to the bank for lollypops.

The idea of my 2.5 year old driving to the bank makes me laugh and cringe all at the same time. It also makes me much more careful with the car keys, she’s that kind of kid.

So on that note, what do YOU want for Christmas? What would the ultimate gift for a knitter be?




7 comments:

Ginger said...

I have a 3.5yo that I wouldn't put it past to drive off in the car . . . aren't kids just the cutest. sigh (good luck on finisheing the vest . . . no pressure)

Jillio said...

ahahah! everything makes perfect sense at their age. now? not so much...

the perfect gift for a knitter? more time to knit! (i was going to say more yarn, but you've got the whole argument between what comes first: having yarn or having time? kinda like the whole chicken vs. the egg dilemma)

thanks for the tip on the yarn. now i needs to find me a scale... ;)

Anonymous said...

I wasn't quite as daring. When I was little, I just wanted a golf cart for Christmas. That way, I could drive a bit slow, and on the sidewalks. I never got over that Santa failed to give me one.

As a knitter, or a knitblogger, I should say, I want a new digital camera! My husband and son broke the battery cover on mine and it shuts itself off and erases photos unless you hold it with your thumb at all times. I'm getting arthritic trying to use it.

Oh, and more knitting books. My two favorite things in one.

Thanks for asking. Happy holidays.

The Stitchin' Sheep said...

Definitely a ball winder. A swift would be nice, too. It's pathetic I don't have one, but I keep thinking of all the yarn I could purchase with the money a ball winder costs. I always end up picking the yarn. So sad.

Bear Knits said...

Hmmm. Ultimate gift? That's a tough one. I'm tossed between yarn and time to knit. Sending some good knitting vibes to get the vest done.

Laura said...

Knitting does not like deadlines. I know from my still unfinished Kepler!

For Christmas, I would like (1) time on Thursday evenings so I could go to the sit and knits at the library, (2) a ball winder and swift and (3) a blocking board. Good question!

Karen said...

Here's a third vote for a ball winder and swift - I'm pretty sure Pea got it for me . . . but you never know. One year I got weed killer for my birthday and he couldn't understand why it wasn't the best gift ever. I love the way girl 2 thinks - the house near you with a cat & dog but no sister cracks me up!!