Saturday, October 01, 2005

Nothing up my Sleeve

I think I have figured out how to do the sleeves without doing a lot of painful finishing. I have knit the sleeves up until where the armpit joins. Now I will include them in the body of the sweater and knit and reduce raglan style until I get to the neck. This is vague, I know, but in my head it makes perfect sense. I am going to need more yarn for the hood, so I’m ordering tonight.

Other breaking news…I got a nap. I know my childless friends would roll their eyes here and think “NAP? Oh, real exciting”, but it is. Between sick kids, visiting Parental Units, and then sick me, I have been exhausted. I was just gearing up to do my usual Saturday morning pick up while listening to Car Talk, went into the bedroom to put something away and woke up THREE hours later! I swear, I haven’t been asleep after 8 AM in over a year, so this is a big deal.

Now that I am refreshed I plan to knit. I really shouldn’t waste being this relaxed on laundry. And as I keep explaining, laundry is not really that important, it regenerates quickly. On the other hand my knitting has manners, once I knit something it stays put.

No comments: